- Transmission Specialists
- Radiator/Cooling systems
- Factory recommended maintenance
External Diagnostic Service
AAMCO Transmissions’ External Diagnostic Service is the best transmission diagnostic procedure in the automotive industry. Only a trained expert can accurately and completely diagnose a transmission problem in today’s complex, computer-controlled transmissions.
Let one of our ASE Certified Technicians check your vehicle today.
An accurate diagnosis can save you a bundle!
AAMCO Transmissions’ External Diagnostic Service includes the following steps:
1. A certified technician will check the level and condition of your transmission fluid.
- Normal fluid is usually red, depending on type, with no particular odor
- Contaminated fluid contains water or foreign particles
- Burnt fluid indicates damage from overheating
- Varnished fluid has been overheated repeatedly
2. The technician will check the level of fluid and condition of your transfer case and differential (where applicable).
3. Our trained technician will road test your vehicle to experience any problems you have noticed and check overall performance. We will check:
- Initial engagements
- Each drive range
- Upshift and downshift timings
- Upshift and downshift quality
- TCC engagement
- Passing gear
- Park - Hold
- Noises and Vibrations
- 4x4 performance, if applicable
4. The technician will put your car on a lift to check for any external causes of problems. We will check:
- Shift linkage or cable
- Vacuum connections
- TV/Detent cable/Linkage
- Harness connections
- Ground connections
- Engine performance & idle
- Final drive
- Axles & Shafts
- U-joints/CV joints
- Fluid leaks
- Wire condition
5. Finally, we will scan your vehicle for computer trouble codes.